Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
Drs. Alan Grosset and Alice Ulhoa-Cintra Join Scully-Welsh Cancer Center
Wednesday, January 30, 2019, VERO BEACH: Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital has added two new medical oncologists to the Scully-Welsh Cancer Center.
Alan Grosset, M.D., M.Sc., earned his medical degree at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. He completed his pathology residency at Westminster Medical School (London) and his internal medicine residency in Spokane, Washington. He was a fellow at the University of Utah School of Medicine in Salt Lake City, and is board certified in both medical oncology and in hematology.
Dr. Grosset has held clinical consultant appointments and attachments at North Idaho Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Cancer Center, Marshfield Clinic, Mayo Clinic Health System, University of Colorado Health System, and Baptist Health Care in Pensacola.
He has published numerous articles in hematology, coagulation, oncology and symptom management. His clinical activities include a wide spectrum of hematology and oncology, including targeted and precision individualized medicine.
Alice Ulhoa-Cintra, M.D., received her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed her residency at Allegheny General Hospital and a fellowship at Western Pennsylvania Hospital in Pittsburgh.
Previously, Dr. Cintra cared for patients at ENLOE Specialty Physicians in Chico, California, and Hematology Oncology Associates in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She has been a visiting faculty member at the Mayo Clinic and a guest lecturer at the University of Saint Francis Albuquerque. Dr. Cintra’s work has been published in several journals including Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology and Current Oncology Reports. She is board certified in medical oncology and hematology, and fluent in Portuguese.
Dr. Grosset and Dr. Cintra are currently seeing patients at the Scully-Welsh Cancer Center. To schedule an appointment, call (772) 226-4810.
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. Among Cleveland Clinic’s 52,000 employees are more than 3,600 full-time salaried physicians and researchers and 14,000 nurses, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties. Cleveland Clinic’s health system includes a 165-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 11 regional hospitals, more than 150 northern Ohio outpatient locations – including 18 full-service family health centers and three health and wellness centers – and locations in Weston, Fla.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Toronto, Canada; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and London, England. In 2017, there were 7.6 million outpatient visits, 229,000 hospital admissions and 207,000 surgical cases throughout Cleveland Clinic’s health system. Patients came for treatment from every state and 185 countries. Visit us at clevelandclinic.org. Follow us at twitter.com/ClevelandClinic. News and resources available at newsroom.clevelandclinic.org.
About Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
Founded by Garnett Radin, R.N., in 1932, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital is a 332-bed, not for profit hospital offering comprehensive medical services to the Treasure Coast community. The Welsh Heart Center, Scully-Welsh Cancer Center and Scully Endoscopy Center offer full-service programs and a multidisciplinary approach. Healthcare professionals represent specialties including orthopedic services, minimally invasive vascular surgery, neurosurgery, stroke services, robotic surgery, a state-of-the-art wound healing center, bariatric surgery and the only maternity wing in the community. The hospital features all private rooms and is the largest private-sector employer in Indian River County.