Comprehensive Care, Close To You
Scully-Welsh Cancer Center is the future of cancer medicine. It’s comprehensive, innovative and next level. Here, close to family and friends, we’ll offer expanded services, delivered by familiar faces, hands and hearts.
The 36,000 square-foot Scully-Welsh Cancer Center houses radiation therapy, chemotherapy, genetic counseling services, education, a resource library, support services and the Dr. Richard Milsten Patient Care Navigator program, assisting patients and their families through their cancer journeys.
The ongoing transformation of IRMC’s cancer program also includes new cancer surgical operating rooms and renovation of inpatient rooms where cancer patients are treated.
Further, our oncology team collaborates with eminent physicians from Duke Health’s renowned cancer program, known to be thought leaders who provide individual alliances for all types of cancers, constantly reviewing and updating care protocols. This means offering the absolute latest treatment options from around the country and even globally, right here at the Scully-Welsh Cancer Center.
Our patients will have access to important clinical research trials, making them often among the first to benefit from new treatment options and state-of-the-art technology.
Cancer Service Improvements
- Inpatient Oncology Unit — Renovations to 14 inpatient rooms within the hospital building for medical and surgical oncology patients. Staffed with specialty trained Chemotherapy and Biotherapy nurses.
- New Surgical Operating Rooms — Specialized operating suites for the surgical treatment of cancers
- Outpatient Cancer Center — The Scully-Welsh Cancer Center will be an inviting “home” adjacent to the hospital, providing centralized access for all cancer patients
Enhancements in Technology
- da Vinci® surgical robot
- Latest generation True Beam® STx Linear Accelerator
- Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy™ (ENB™) System
- And more
Special Program Elements
- Affiliation with Duke Health for oncology services
- Physician and administrative leadership of the program
- Patient Care Navigators help patients navigate their treatment process
- Access to clinical trials and genetic counseling