Imaging and Radiology Services
Indian River Medical Center uses cutting-edge imaging technology to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The award-winning imaging centers, Vero Radiology Associates and the Medical Center offer the following services:
- CT Scan
- MRI (including Breast MRI)
- Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Lung Cancer Screening Center
- PET Scan
- Sterotactic Breast Biopsy
- Preoperative needle and wire localization
The American College of Radiology (ACR) awards accreditation to facilities for the achievement of high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice. Image quality and procedure evaluations are conducted by board-certified radiologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field. The program also evaluates personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. All findings are reported to the practice via a comprehensive report that includes recommendations for improvement.
When you choose an ACR-accredited facility, you know:
- Your hospital, clinic or health center has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process to be sure it meets nationally-accepted standards
- The personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform and interpret your medical images and administer your radiation therapy treatments
- The equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and the facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines
- The facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.