Infusion Center offers outpatient intravenous (IV) therapy, such as antibiotic therapy to treat infections, and transfusions, as ordered by your physician.
The goal of our professional team is to provide caring, effective, efficient and safe administration of intravenous therapy and injections in a medically supervised, comfortable setting. By offering these services on an outpatient basis, we strive to reduce hospitalizations and subsequent medical costs for you and your family.
Upon receipt of a referral with pertinent medical information from your personal physician, an appointment is scheduled to evaluate your needs and determine the best and most appropriate treatment plan. Services include those listed below:
- Blood transfusions (As prescribed)
- Fluid hydration (For patients who are dehydrated)
- IVIG (For select patient needs, including immuno-compromised IGG deficiency)
- Injections (Include Aranesp, B12, Desferal, Lovenox, Neupogen)
- Intravenous antibiotic therapy
- Maintenance of infusaport
- Therapeutic phlebotomies (Excess red blood cells removed from patients who produce too many red blood cells)
- Venofer (Iron infusion)
Located at Indian River Medical Center’s Patient Pavilion, adjacent to the ER, the Infusion Center provides individual areas for each patient, with large windows and beautiful outdoor views. Each area has room for a family member or close friend to share time with the patient, if desired.
Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday-Sunday, by appointment.
For information or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 772.567.4311, press 3, ext. 6111.