The vascular medicine center at Indian River Medical Center focuses on the non-invasive diagnosis and treatment of all problems involving the circulatory system outside of the heart. This includes problems in arteries, veins, and the lymphatic system.
IRMC commonly encounters the following vascular conditions:
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) – blockages in the leg arteries
- Carotid artery stenosis – blockages in the neck arteries; can lead to stroke
- Renal artery stenosis – blockages in the kidney arteries; may contribute to high blood pressure and/or chronic kidney disease
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) – a bulging of the aorta that may cause it to rupture
- Venous problems – can include deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and chronic venous insufficiency
- Raynaud’s phenomenon, vasculitis, lymphedema, and other less common vascular conditions